Why Tayba Islamic Academy ?
- We work at TIA in a relaxed and happy environment, where we are passionate about achieving our goals with our students .
- Our Hifth Program is not a typical Hifth Program; we follow the prophetic guidance in building Iman through the Quran. Our teachers are eager to deliver the meanings and applications of the Quran and to make sure that none of our students leave the class without fully understanding what they recite and memorize .
- Quranic concepts, Iman, Akhlaq and Hadith are woven during the day and are integrated in the Ontario curriculum at our school. Hifth and Academics teachers work as a team to help reinforce concepts taught .
- Various Community Service and connection opportunities to reinforce Iman and Quranic concepts .
- Memorization of the Holy Quran in four years.
- Quality over Quantity: Low Teacher-Student ratio .
- Jumuah Prayers and Khutbah .
- Daily Outdoor time .
- Morning Assembly and morning Athkaar .
- Daily communication with parents .
- Hifth Student Planner with weekly and monthly achievement reports .
- Recognition and student motivation systems .
- Parent meetings .
- Report Cards .
The Quran Hifth Curriculum includes:
- Tilawah Practice to develop fluency .
- Tafseer (Meanings and main idea discussion) .
- Tadabbur( reflecting on the ayahs and extracting the practical lessons) .
- Tajweed Rules .
- Qur’an memorization .
- Qur’an Review.
- Memorization of the full Quran in four years.
- Research Quran topics.
The Islamic Studies Curriculum includes:
- Seerah (the Prophet biography and the stories of the Prophet PBUH).
- Qur’anic Stories.
- Adab/ Athkaar.
- The companions of the Prophet (PBUH).
- In class competitions .
Integrated Ontario Curriculum:
Our Academics Program follows the expectations outlined in the ministry of the Ontario Curriculum. The Academics Program consists of the core subjects: English, Math and Science. Islamic Integration will be made by our teachers that will be synchronized with the Quranic concepts that our students are studying.
A Typical day at TIA
8:25 am- Arrival
8:35 am – 12:35 pm- Hifth Program (breaks within)
The Quran Hifth Session includes:
- Tilawah Practice
- Tafseer (Meanings and main idea discussion)
- Tadabbur( reflecting on the ayahs and extracting the real like lessons and the
- Tajweed Rules
- Qur’an memorization
- Qur’an Review
- Seerah (the Prophet biography and the stories of the Prophets)
- Qur’anic Stories
- The companions of the Prophet (PBUH)
- Research Quran topics
- In class competitions
1:30 pm to 3:45 pm -Integrated Ontario Curriculum
The Academics Session includes:
- Science (STEM Workshops)
- Social Studies